Thursday 29 May 2014

Insane in Sane Places

Starting a blog has proved itself to be more of a challenge than I initially believed it would be, but if you guys thought I would be put off by Blogger's unreliable editing tools and impossible theme selections, you were wrong. I've thought about what I wanted my famous first words to be on this blog ("ambitious" would have worked) in an attempt to describe myself and give people an outlook of what they should expect with the next thousands of words to come, and I settled with a title that I found to sum me up perfectly: Insane in Sane Places. 
Now, some of you may be confused by this ambiguous string of words, but those of you who have any interest in Psychology will be familiar with Rosenhan's study into being sane in insane places. Quite like the poor participants that took place in his social experiments, I, too, sometimes, find myself feeling like I have fallen down the rabbit hole, gotten lost while chasing a rabbit, or any other metaphors you would prefer to describe an experience similar to the one Alice had. Except slightly less dramatic and a lot less magical. 
To sum it up even more clearly for those of you who are feeling a bit lost yourselves; this is going to be my space to write about anything and everything I want to share with the world, and more importantly, my future self who will hopefully be sensible enough to read these blogposts as diary entries. Though it should be noted that by "anything", I mean absolutely anything. I want to share my thoughts on everything that interests me, from fashion to politics to my favourite books and the most personal stuff I have experienced in the past few years. I understand that these are a terrible mix of subjects that shouldn't usually be put together, but for the sake of keeping sane and putting my thoughts out in the open, an exception needs to be made. 
Until my next blogpost, I will continue to be insane in sane places. 

No comments:

Post a Comment